H&R Block

www.hrblock.com

Ok For A Part-Time Job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsMy co-workers were nice, and the environment was pretty casual. The work wasn't too difficult. I really just checked the tax documents to make sure that they were in the correct order and that all papers were signed.

ConsI worked in the filing room, and it was SO COLD. I've always hated the smell and taste of coffee, but I forced myself to drink it (full of cream and sugar) in order to stay warm.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little bit more training would have been nice. The other CSC (kind of a jerk) laughed and corrected me when I didn't know the proper greeting when I answered the phone.

Treat and pay employees like fast food workers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at H&R Block

Pros: Summers off, flexible schedule, short commute Cons: The hiring process is awful. Everything is supposed to be email and if you don't get all of the emails for whatever reason you will… Advice to Senior Management: Increase pay and hiring standards. Most of the employees I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Started well, but the company is in trouble.

Applications Development Manager (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at H&R Block full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The workers remaining are very competent and good to work… Cons: Management has cut back so far that critical systems sometimes have NO IT support. Executive leadership that was starting to turn the… Advice to Senior Management: Stop outsourcing your core competency. Stop micromanaging the professional who know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on H&R Block.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!