H&R Block
www.hrblock.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

H&R Block Income Tax Course and Tax Professional Position

I have been working at H&R Block

ProsH&R Block offers a very thorough basic course on personal income taxes. Students who do well on the course have a good chance of being hired as a tax professional. H&R Block offers a great continuing education program that allows one to build up tax expertise and qualify for more advanced positions in the company.

ConsThe compensation for first year tax professionals is modest, about $9 per hour. However, in subsequent years one works on a salary plus commission scheme which is more lucrative. Most tax professional positions are seasonal.

tax preparer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at H&R Block part-time

Pros: great training program which allows you to be proficient in… Cons: seasonal employment only during tax time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I really like working with people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at H&R Block part-time

Pros: They worked really well around my schedule. Cons: Lots of very interesting customers. Advice to Senior Management: ** Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on H&R Block.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H&R Block CEO William C. Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees.