H&R Block

www.hrblock.com

Good experience on a layover in-between career moves.

Former Employee - Officer Manager III  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Officer Manager III in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Autonomy with an entrepreneurial spirit to manage, market and create business opportunities for not only myself but my team as well.

Cons

I believe that the pay could be better for individuals who manage two or more locations as it is really challenging.

Review my comments in the Cons section. Also, management and marketing trends were extremely difficult to deal with during the tax season. Not that it was really difficult as much as it was confusing to employees as well as clients. I believe they could be more client and employee friendly by providing Managers with the Marketing ideas in the first part of December such that the offices and communities can be better informed of their tax prep options.

Other reviews for H&R Block

Client Services Professional

Current Employee - Client Services Professional  in  Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - Client Services Professional in Missoula, MT

Pros

I really enjoy working at the Block office in Missoula. The hours are flexible, the manager is great so if you need time off, no worries. Even the the office is 'business casual' it's very laid back and enjoyable. The job itself it fairly standard and easy: answering phones, scheduling appointments, greeting customers, helping client's with their questions, cleaning and stocking supplies when low. There's usually pseudo-clients who call in from headquarters to test the CSP telephone skills, and if you do well you an get a reward.

Cons

Some tax pros can be very shark like if they see a new client has come in and you gave them to someone else instead of giving it to them.

Keep up the good work.

Ok For A Part-Time Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Decatur, GA

Pros

My co-workers were nice, and the environment was pretty casual. The work wasn't too difficult. I really just checked the tax documents to make sure that they were in the correct order and that all papers were signed.

Cons

I worked in the filing room, and it was SO COLD. I've always hated the smell and taste of coffee, but I forced myself to drink it (full of cream and sugar) in order to stay warm.

A little bit more training would have been nice. The other CSC (kind of a jerk) laughed and corrected me when I didn't know the proper greeting when I answered the phone.

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!