H&R Block

www.hrblock.com
  www.hrblock.com
There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block

Treat and pay employees like fast food workers

I worked at H&R Block

Pros

Summers off, flexible schedule, short commute

Cons

The hiring process is awful. Everything is supposed to be email and if you don't get all of the emails for whatever reason you will be at a loss. No one calls you. If you need information about training or getting onto the website be prepared to call several different offices to be referred to a bunch of different people who have no answers for you. The training was a joke. What was supposed to be a trainer was someone who stood in the front of the room and complained about policy changes and extra workload. The tax professionals in my office had no right calling themselves professionals. They were completely ghetto, and I was actually embarrassed by the behaviors and comments I witnessed. You are on your own once you start. Don't expect any guidance, until you do something wrong. Then you'll hear about it like you were supposed to know. If H&R Block wants a reputation as a respectable, professional company, they need to pay for and hire quality people. If you have any class whatsoever, you can do much better and will not fit in here.

Increase pay and hiring standards. Most of the employees I came in contact with were completely unprofessional.

907 Other Employee Reviews for H&R Block (View Most Recent)

A good place to learn about taxes

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at H&R Block part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, great training, very nice people to work for.

Cons

You have to pay to take the training program.

Tons of opportunities to advance!

Current Employee - Tax Advisor II in Woodinville, WA
    Current Employee - Tax Advisor II in Woodinville, WA

I have been working at H&R Block full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, excellent education available, tons of opportunities to advance your career, commission based pay, shopping discounts, 401(k).

Cons

Mostly seasonal, commission based pay- you can earn decent money with hard work- in time, constantly changing service delivery model, really poor medical and dental plan offered.

The company is working towards letting their store managers actually manage the stores. With the added responsibility, the company should seek feedback from the store employees and other managers in the district before completing the end of season review- a lot of managers who have a talented team are producing excellent numbers and don't manage anything.

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block