There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block

Love working for H&R Block

Current Employee - Office Manager
Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at H&R Block part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Great DM and DOC. As an OM, I have great offices and associates.

Cons

District personalization is gone!!! When WHQ took the TTS coordinator job away, as associates and prospective new associates the personalization of having someone locally to assist is gone. The survey of clients during tax season is not a good survey to assess TPs. Being seasonal and little opportunity during the off season for associates to work, you lose a lot of good Office Leaders due to them having to get another job.

Bring back the TTS coordinator!! Raise pay and provide more incentives for working. Better health insurance.

869 Other Employee Reviews for H&R Block (View Most Recent)

Pretty good environment, just wish it wasn't seasonal.

Former Employee - Office Manager in La Porte, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in La Porte, TX

I worked at H&R Block full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My office had a great team, the job is not really hard, just head knowledge, and not many things to sell, other than the "insurance" on the tax returns. Pay is all right, it's based on knowledge. I had a great DM who really cared about his district and made us feel like family.

Cons

Seasonal (the reason I left). Also, when I was an office manager, the hours were insanely high, over 70 hours a week. I got burned out. After the tax season is over, you can work during the summer for a pay decrease I couldn't afford.

Loved the Commission

I worked at H&R Block

Pros

You get to meet new people, you make excellent commission, and its very laid back.

Cons

Its seasonal is the only thing I didnt like.

There are newer employer reviews for H&R Block