H&R Block
www.hrblock.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

Great place to start a career if you have flexibility

Tax Associate (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou pick your own hours. You only work seasonally, unless you opt to get hired year-round. Seemingly endless opportunity for education for just $20/year.

ConsStarting salary is pretty low. It's not hidden from you, and the incentive is that you make more as you continue to grow your client list, become able to work faster, and to do more complex returns.

There were many opportunities for advancement in the corporate headquarters.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I worked at H&R Block full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice perks at corporate headquarters for full-time regular employees--parking, health and retirement benefits, Health Savings Account, summer… Cons: Reorganization of departments led to lay-offs and uncertainty of job… Advice to Senior Management: Make certain all employees are aware of what their job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great co-workers, poor benefits.

Customer Service Professional (Former Employee)
    West Asheville, NC

I worked at H&R Block part-time for less than a year

Pros: My co-workers were sane, fun people who were very respectful towards me and helped me learn the ropes. Working… Cons: During tax season, H&R hires a bunch of part time people so they don't have to pay full time benefits. Still, I was glad to… Advice to Senior Management: Turn some of these into full time positions, even if it's seasonal. And… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on H&R Block.

Worked for H&R Block? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&R Block reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H&R Block CEO William C. Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by H&R Block employees.