Great learning experience, LOTS OF HOURS

Former Employee - Senior IT Auditor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior IT Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HA&W full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Immediate access to Partners, Great people Good Clients, Very low travel They also some really good perks such closing the office for 2 day after the tax deadline. Random half-days for charity work and random weeks to wear jeans for client deadlines. My parnter would take us out to lunch almost every Friday just to check and see how thngs were.

Cons

The work load was overwhelming at times. If you have a family and expect to see your children at night this is not the place to work. THe partner was good at his job, almost too good. He had nearly over committed on fe projects leaving a few people to handle numerous projects. I was handling 10 projects at one point. The partner did even know I was handling that many until I had meeting with him to discuss my work load

Advice to Management

Understand the workload expectations, communicate them to the staff and manage them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Poor management feedback

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HA&W full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salaries and good experience. Lots of companies around Atlanta know about HA&W and it looks good on a resume. The hours are better than at one of the Big 4.

Cons

Little to no management feedback. I can't tell you how many times I turned in work to a manager or partner and never heard about it again. I never felt like anyone was accountable for me. There were times when I felt like if I decided not to show up for a couple of days nobody would notice. Also there seemed to be frequent layoffs.

Advice to Management

Develop your staff. Many of the staff accountants I worked with felt lost because they rarely got feedback from management and frequently had little work to do.

Too Good to Be True - Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HA&W full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job at trying to boost morale during busy season Most people are nice - some are not, particularly when asking for help Salary was great

Cons

Partners don't communicate with each other & pick favorites Managers give little to no feedback whatsoever When feedback was given, it was generally good, leading me to believe that I was excelling Will work you to death during busy season & then let you go once it's over Very clique-ish, don't expect to be welcomed Have a terrible reputation for overhiring and then firing you once busy season is over Believe their reputation. They have it for a reason. I wish I had known these things before I accepted my position. I would have kept looking.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. If someone is struggling, tell them how to improve, don't just blow smoke and put on a smile. Stop selling a false bill of goods. Communicate with each other. Stop gossipping. Lead by a "good" example instead of what you are doing now.