Solid Company To Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at HARMAN full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people were great and that really made a difference. Solid commitment to the brands from top management down. Learned a great deal when given the opportunity to work with VP's. Human Resources was always very friendly and open even when I decided to pursue another career opportunity. All vacation was paid out and HR even let me keep my phone for a few extra days until I started my new job.

Cons

Nothing specific...there are problems and issues at every company.

Advice to Management

Offer or give the opportunity of harder and challenging projects/accounts to people looking/wanting to work more. Also, I always learned a great deal when I had the opportunity to be a part of senior management meetings where VP's could offer advice, knowledge or expertise. You could learn a lot just by watching and listening. Maybe include people who want to learn more, gain more experience, etc. in meeting, situations, or just some one on one time with the people who are on a succession plan.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One of the most depressing places you can imagine spending your waking life

Current Employee - Engineer in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Northridge, CA

I have been working at HARMAN

Pros

- Sometimes interesting projects - being in Southern California obviously has its perks - working with talented people in the audio industry

Cons

- Incredibly low employee moral - Low pay compared to other companies - hideously drab and uninspiring office building - lack of management competence - zero room for growth - overall sense of worthlessness instilled in employees from management

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees; tame down the cost cutting measures; understand what our core competencies are and leverage them; decorate the office a little bit

Be prepared to only see your family on Holidays

Former Employee - Analysis and Repair Electronic Technician in Franklin, KY
    Former Employee - Analysis and Repair Electronic Technician in Franklin, KY

I worked at HARMAN

Pros

The company offers good hourly wages; good benefits package; and a clean work environment. The site has a decent cafeteria.

Cons

Unfortunately they believe in ten hours a day and seven days a week. I lasted almost six months and then realized I wanted to be a person not just a worker.

Advice to Management

A products quality will always go down when the people working are not given sufficient time off. Less mandatory overtime!