There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN

Harman Soundcraft/Studer in Potters Bar

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potters Bar, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potters Bar, England (UK)

I worked at HARMAN full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This all relates to working on the factory floor. The hours are pretty flexible and there is no real panic to get work done. You can (within reason) take your time and get the job done right. The atmosphere is friendly and you can have a laugh with your mates or keep yourself to yourself and get on with your work. There is little supervision.

Cons

I have never seen such a badly run Stores in my life. This is a legacy problem created by starting as a small independant company with one set of PN's, being taken over by a huge orginisation and changing PN's, absorbing another company (Studer) changing PN's again and finaly being forced to adopt a worldwide rationalisation of Stores and changing PN's again. Nothing is in the right place in a Stores that is huge in comparison to the size of the operation.

The push to manufacture in China was another disaster. Parts are bought from China and shipped to the UK, they are then shipped to the chinese manufacturer who assembles the PCB's and ships them back to the UK. Often the PCB's are assembled into products that are then sold to China. Mistakes are made at every step and this combined with a huge and badly run Stores means there are massive delays as people hunt for parts or fix stock errors

Relocate the company and use the opportunity to kill off old products and rationalise stores. Get rid of the dead wood.

reviews filtered by
  1. Stock forecasts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at HARMAN full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management behavior, growth and development opportunities

Cons

Nothing special by this time

Stay focused on BRIC

2. Amazing place to unlock your real potential...

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at HARMAN full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their dreams. By joining our team, you will have countless opportunities to think big and achieve your own career aspirations . I think anyone can unlock there potential here… sky is the limit for appreciations and recognitions …

Cons

Very particular about quality of people and education levels, we prefer most of IIT resources….

Keep up good work and we will rock

There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN