HARMAN

www.harman.com

If you want to sleep comfortably then don't ever go for this company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer I  in  Bangalore (India)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Quality of cheating the people by showing them some good work profile

Cons

Incredibly unfriendly, unprofessional, immature working culture and people. They don't want to respect and don't want to accept as well. If you don't have any other offer and you are in really bad shape then only choose this company. Some experienced examples:
1. People can say that you are finding mistake within single month of your joining (even though in just one month you wouldn't have understood the complete system behavior). And the funny part is your manager will also agree on this, as ...ha ha ha... screw the requirement spec. his developers are more competent then the Spec.

Don't recruit people from good organizations.

Other reviews for HARMAN

Good Nice superb Very Nice

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Good Nice superb Very Nice

Cons

Too fast growth lots of challenges

Nothing

A great place to study and work for

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tokyo (Japan)

Pros

Lots of flexibility in job requirements. Over the dozen or so years I have been here, I have pretty much written my own job description.
    Small side projects became larger projects, become job requirements. I have not had a manager give me 'an assignment' in the last 8-9 years. It is a very self-directed environment.

All the creature comforts are here: free drinks, breakfasts, Summer Outings, Anniversary cruises, etc...
    All the benefits that matter are here: 401k match, insurance plans, profit sharing. Respectable salary

Being a worker-bee with no eye towards management, I am quite happy to do the 9-5, and not think about work at all when I am gone.

Cons

There is not a lot of promotions here.
    That said, I think people come in with weird expectations: It is not high school, you don't get a promotion every year. Realistically, every position I have held here had possibility of being a life long career position.

We are a wee bit conservative.
    Every time that gets me upset, I think to myself "Do you run a half a billion dollar a year company?" The answer has always been no, so I figure the more conservative path that got us here has merit.

There are newer employer reviews for HARMAN.

Worked for HARMAN? Contribute to the Community!