There are newer employer reviews for HBO

Great experience, great peers

Former Employee - Campus Agent  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
Former Employee - Campus Agent in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at HBO as an intern for more than a year

Pros

great company, good pay, free iPad

Cons

hard to plan events that students wanted to attend

150 Other Employee Reviews for HBO (View Most Recent)

Top-Notch Company with Integrity, Compassion, Fairness

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Radnor, PA

I worked at HBO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company. Great work/life balance. I worked here for 19 years before my position was eliminated. I am a single mom and raised my son while at HBO. HBO was very understanding of child sicknesses, doctor appointments and whatever you needed to do. The vacation / time off was beyond excellent - 5 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 15 holidays and unlimited sick/family time. That meant not losing my vacation when my son was sick. This kind of treatment does not exist in today's world. HBO people were truly family. When any employee had a problem, others rallied around to help that tperson. They didn't believe in anyone being alone. Because HBO was so caring and generous, people did not take advantage; all they wanted to do was give back to this wonderful company. HBO was interesting and fun to work for. My manager would always listen to my ideas. HBO gave us Christmas parties during work afternoons sometimes with limousine service. Years ago, they gave us a day off in September and took us on an all day outing to a resort such as Split Rock Lodge or the Marriott Seaview. Everyone felt appreciated and people rarely left. I am relatively happy where I am right now, but I pray frequently for HBO to come back into my life. I always thought I would retire from HBO. While there, I did not give thought to going elsewhere, not for a hot second. I would take a job at HBO again in a heartbeat; no thought about it would be required. Unfortunately, there are only jobs available in NY now as the Radnor, PA office closed.

Cons

The only con about HBO is that there is little room for upward mobility. It is such a fabulous company to work for that people do not leave often.

Downsizing is not always necessary; look at all other avenues before removing people's livelihood. You may not understand how loyal your employees are - it is because of the way they are treated.

A wonderful experience, working with the best in the business.

Former Employee - Legal Secretary  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at HBO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great salary, hours, and work-life balance.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility and opportunity to move laterally.

There are newer employer reviews for HBO

Worked for HBO? Contribute to the Community!