HBO

There are newer employer reviews for HBO

Software Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at HBO as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The workplace environment is fantastic, and everyone is very nice. It was a lot of fun interning here, as you get to learn alot about the industry.

Cons

Work can be boring, and it seems like priorities keep shifting for what HBO wants to focus on.

Allot work better to interns.

186 Other Employee Reviews for HBO (View Most Recent)

Long term HBO employee has seen lots of changes

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at HBO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, some great people, fitness center and staff there are great. The brand is good, if that helps.

Cons

Low salaries, severely limited potential for advancement depending on department, bad behavior often rewarded, lack of transparency - in the last several years this company has gone from one that was creative and interesting and employed people who fit that profile to a (mostly) white (mostly) boys club. It's gotten more and more corporate. I've seen bad behavior rewarded by promotions. People stay here forever, which means the opportunity to move up is very limited. DND (sales and marketing) is one department where career growth is fostered and encouraged. Otherwise you're on your own. Favoritism often rules and hard work does not go hand in hand with reward. It's as if you should be glad to have the job - the understanding that many of us work for money does not seem to exist here. I'm writing this as someone who has been here a LONG time and used to enjoy working here, when my management was different and treated us as adults and supported us.

While our CEO is impressive in many ways, it's hard to listen to him constantly tell us how great we're doing when that does not trickle down to us.

BETTER PAY, make the review process meaningful and accountable, management needs to learn to MANAGE and support growth for employees - that is severely lacking and good talent is lost because of it.

Exciting experience all around, the people, the work, the environment!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at HBO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work with the best in the business and clients!

Cons

Wish I could have stayed. Wish I could have gotten another spot ...

There are newer employer reviews for HBO