There are newer employer reviews for HBO

Great

Current Employee - Assistant  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at HBO

Pros

Good company especially the name. People are friendly and nice. there are lots of work events and screenings for employees to attend. THere are also many contests etc.

Cons

it takes forever to get anything done because people are afraid to make a decision, pay is low and when you jump positions the raise is minimal

make decisions, recognize talent

150 Other Employee Reviews for HBO (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at HBO

Pros

HBO was an extremely fun place to work. Everyone was very friendly and people were more than willing to help you out when needed. The atmosphere was very laid back, however, people worked really hard and reaped the benefits. I met numerous celebrities and attended many events after work.

Cons

There were rumors about how difficult it was to move around the company. It also seemed difficult to move up the ladder as well.

The feedback from upper management seemed to be adequate to me. I don't really have any words of advice for those in leadership roles.

Disappointing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at HBO

Pros

Great name for your resume. The food in the cafeteria is pretty good. Great project to work on. Down to earth younger staff.

Cons

Inbred hiring. Terrible pay for the freelancers who keep the wheel turning. Not very creative environment. Lot's of arrogant old producers, who think they are celebrities.

Pay people fair wages. Scrimping on basic supplies is uneccessary. Eliminate some of the red tape as it affects efficiency of process.

There are newer employer reviews for HBO

Worked for HBO? Contribute to the Community!