There are newer employer reviews for HC-One

JUST DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! Unemployment is a better option!!!

I have been working at HC-One

Pros

Guaranteed minimum wage! Free uniform. Really struggling for anything else to say! On the plus side you are providing a service to those who desperately need your help support and kindness

Cons

Working for this organisation will sap the life force from you! You have managers with no people or organisational skills whatsoever... A very unhappy and bitter set of work colleagues ( not their fault ... They are blamed for everything that goes wrong with the company and managers that simply refuse to accept responsibility ) working conditions that I honestly thought had passed in the Victorian era, and they are treated to total contempt by those in charge. There is little or no job training and what there is is computer based and has to be done in your own time for free (no payment) many of the staff have to work 60 hours plus a week just to take home a manageable income!

Advice to Management

Please join the 21st century and give your employees a little respect and a liveable wage!

HC-One Response

Nov 27, 2014 – Head of People

Thank you for commenting and I’m so sorry to hear that you have had an unhappy experience working with us. Feedback from colleagues is really important to us. Every year we carry out an ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

In over 30 years, It's the worst company I have ever worked for in my entire career.

Current Employee - Rmn
    Current Employee - Rmn

I have been working at HC-One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can say that the nurses and carers here are the best in the country. True loving kind people. If your relatives are here, I can honestly say I have only ever seen tender, loving compassion and care. Don't worry, we love your relatives and value them above anything in the world. Nearest and dearest relatives. Please improve the care of your precious relation by saying how you appreciate the input of a carer or nurse. Please make a point of telling our managers when you find kindness in the carers and nurses. They always get to hear of complaints but sadly, they almost never hear praise for us. Unfortunately, they only speak to us when there is a complaint, never to praise.

Cons

I have worked here for over 2 years. I totally fail to star- rate this company because in over 35 years of nursing as an RMN, RNLD, it is the worst company I have ever worked for in all my life. I just can not give it one star. Home managers and deputies are some of the most incompetent psychopaths who were ever misfits in healthcare. Unprofessional management who threaten you with your job to back up their requests for relentless demands including their cartoonish e-learning - the off line activities are the most degrading. You get a "you can be suspended letter" with a pile of time-consuming, child-like exercises you have to complete, engaging your line manager as a superior (mummy) to authenticate you (child) as a healthcare professional. HC-One - GROW UP! A playground for management BULLIES! They, well.. they love bullying. It makes them feel less inadequate.

Advice to Management

Appreciate our staff who have supported and loved the residents in our homes, through the Southern Cross rent debacle and supported your "Person-Centred" e-learning. You simply don't seem to realise that your employees are people too. You treat them with no respect. Everyone because of your managers are walking on egg-shells because you make them ever-aware that their jobs and careers are on the line. Managers use POVA in every sentence as punctuation. When staff are on tenterhooks, it makes your residents sick too because they are sensitive to the sad morale of their excellent staff and excellent carers. I would strongly recommend that HC-One uses psychological screening because there are a number of employees, a lot of them in management, who are raising red-flags towards borderline personality disorders. And that is putting it mildly. A key indicator might be found in your recruitment and retention figures. How many are the hundreds of staff have walked away from this dreadful company. Look at the bills you are getting monthly to pay agency staff because the regulars have walked. The turnover is STAGGERING! All I can say is Jesus Christ, I would not believe you existed had I not worked for you.

HC-One Response

Nov 27, 2014 – Head of People

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I really appreciated hearing your positive experiences about the nurses and carers you work with, but I was really sorry to learn about ... More

2. A good place to work

Former Employee - Bank Nurse in Walsall, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Bank Nurse in Walsall, England (UK)

I worked at HC-One part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a pleasant home, some excellent carers and the company training is very good, focus is very much on the residents, dignity and respect for them and for fellow workers.

Cons

Short staffed at times, way too much paperwork that can be overwhelming and not particularly useful

Advice to Management

Try to reduce the repetitive paperwork to allow for more time to concentrate on things like dressings etc