HCC Insurance

www.hcc.com

London Office Review as IT Developer

Pros

Small Team, Easy to get noticed

Cons

Small Team, career paths limited.

Other reviews for HCC Insurance

It Sucks to Work Here!!!

Pros

The best reason to work here is to collect a pay check and get free cups of coffee.

Cons

Good people do work here but the company never recognizes those people. There is high turn over because people are not satisfied. If you are anti social, do not have a personality than sure apply. You will fit in with HR just perfectly. Human Resources is a joke. They are as Dry As Toast.!! So if you plan to go to HR good luck with that.

Hire new HR management, somebody with personality. It does not hurt to smile. Try getting some normal people skills, not a bunch of weirdos that do not know how to communicate on any level with regular employees. Try Good Morning, How is your day going? No, just Blank Stares and rolled eyes all day long.

HCC did more for my career that any other single company

Former Employee - Senior IT Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior IT Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

In the IT department we had a large amount of training available to us. Granted, we had to be ambitious enough to ask for it. Not a big cost for valuable training. HCC allowed me to get a vast amount of exposure to other technologies as the flat organizational structure promote cross technology cooperation. There was some political drama, but those managers and leads are no longer at the company. A lot of liberties were given to resources who had the ambition to think outside of the box and to look towards new technologies. The constant interaction with C-Level executives provided a lot of transparency.

Cons

While the pay may had not been the best, the training options more than made up for it.
    Subsidiaries can be somewhat abrasive and sometimes outright deceiving, but we had a lot of support from local management allowing resources like myself to stand up for what we new was technically sound.
    Change control was a little informal at the time (excel spreadsheet) but the change manager does well with the tools provided to him.

Thank You! My time there has help me become the Virtual Architect that I am today. If it were not for you guys i would still be stuck in an oil patch somewhere!

There are newer employer reviews for HCC Insurance.

Worked for HCC Insurance? Contribute to the Community!