HCC Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for HCC Insurance

An average learning experience

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at HCC Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has a very talented, experienced and friendly co-workers. Health benefits are good too.

Cons

Unfortunately all the individuals in the management are not friendly or approachable.
No work-from-home option, but you cans till work remotely.
I don't like the pay either.

36 Other Employee Reviews for HCC Insurance (View Most Recent)

I feel sorry for the interviewees who don't know any better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at HCC Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At least the CEO acts like he cares.

Cons

Where do I begin? Shall I start with the Draconian values, shall I offer up the immature high school mentality, or should I just elaborate on the truth that this is probably one of the worst companies to work for in the United States? Yes...it is that bad. I have been around and have worked for many years, and have never seen a place this bad.

Let me just start with the most obvious: HR is clearly tasked with getting people in the door, then the management staff are tasked with pissing people off so bad that they quit. And this is a fact; there have been many, many people leaving the company, so fast they leave that HR cannot hire replacements quickly enough. If you want to be stuck in the same position for a decade, berated on a daily basis, and treated like pond scum by communist, racist, bigoted filth that just so inhabits the Houston area and call HCC their employer, then by all means take a job there.

Don't want to take my word for it? Ask a professional recruiter! Word on the street is that HCC has been blacklisted by a few firms who know better than to send competent, ambitious, caring people their way.

There is no hope. You guys would need to completely reformat the management staff.

Worst, soul draining, petty company I have ever had the displeasure of working

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HCC Insurance full-time

Pros

Pay is decent.
    They have a few big events for employees

Cons

Draconian Office rules ...business smart attire, blinds have to be at a certain angle - they must be vampires due to their avoidance of natural light. No eating at your desk nor eating snacks etc. All drinks must be in styrofoam cups - they're real environmentalists. No clear business objectives and every week the priorities change. The upper management lives in some disjointed dream world and are generally out of touch with employee issues. The central corp entity has very little control over what standards and rules to apply to the subsidiaries which makes implementing new procedures, processes and systems nearly impossible. I could go on for hours about the terrible, paranoid working conditions but I just don't want to spend any more of my life thinking about that soul sucking place.

Shut the company, the business model and employee treatment will continue the ~1/3rd of the corp employees turn over each year.

There are newer employer reviews for HCC Insurance