There are newer employer reviews for HCC Insurance

An average learning experience

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at HCC Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has a very talented, experienced and friendly co-workers. Health benefits are good too.

Cons

Unfortunately all the individuals in the management are not friendly or approachable.
No work-from-home option, but you cans till work remotely.
I don't like the pay either.

30 Other Employee Reviews for HCC Insurance (View Most Recent)

I feel sorry for the interviewees who don't know any better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at HCC Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

At least the CEO acts like he cares.

Cons

Where do I begin? Shall I start with the Draconian values, shall I offer up the immature high school mentality, or should I just elaborate on the truth that this is probably one of the worst companies to work for in the United States? Yes...it is that bad. I have been around and have worked for many years, and have never seen a place this bad.

Let me just start with the most obvious: HR is clearly tasked with getting people in the door, then the management staff are tasked with pissing people off so bad that they quit. And this is a fact; there have been many, many people leaving the company, so fast they leave that HR cannot hire replacements quickly enough. If you want to be stuck in the same position for a decade, berated on a daily basis, and treated like pond scum by communist, racist, bigoted filth that just so inhabits the Houston area and call HCC their employer, then by all means take a job there.

Don't want to take my word for it? Ask a professional recruiter! Word on the street is that HCC has been blacklisted by a few firms who know better than to send competent, ambitious, caring people their way.

There is no hope. You guys would need to completely reformat the management staff.

nom no do oggoorudon

Current Employee - Claims  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Claims in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HCC Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

they have a flexible spending account for medical.

Cons

there is no room for growth or advancement. I am in claims. only growth is supervisor. you cant go to other departments. high turnover in claims dept. says a lot.

Doesn't matter. they don't listen.

There are newer employer reviews for HCC Insurance

Worked for HCC Insurance? Contribute to the Community!