There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

Decent company but little long term career growth in US unless you are in sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company for dynamic self starter with no family commitments and travel flexibility

Cons

No compensation growth
90% employees are outside the united states.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Another way to outsource Jobs from US Employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Webster, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are an employee that got transferred by your former employer to HCL then take advantage of getting your paycheck because your employment days are counted but they won't tell you that.

Cons

HCL Transition team will paint and tell you a wonderful picture of this partnership with your former employer but not admit to be an outsourcing business. Each quarter, they will tell you new decisions and directions that will impact your on your job. When you see more employees from Indian traveling onsite, that's a sign of taking over slowly. HCL Management tells you of new business opportunities but it is all a face. Not real for most of transitioned employees. They will use you until they don't need you any more. They say you can try get to other internal jobs but it is not real either specially if you are a high paid salaried employee.They will tell you about their need to keep US Employees but it is not true. They will tell you that they don't do massive layoffs but they do layoff. Their business management style is of seniority and you don't have any empowerment - they talk to you about Employee First approach but it just doesn't exist in their outsourcing business. Again, it is all a pretend face to use you until you are no longer needed and terminate you (less than a year for most of us). There is no future with what they or promise or give you hope.

Advice to Management

Your Management team should tell you to prepare and find a job as soon as possible. Don't wait about 9 months to realize you need to look for a job because odds are that people need more time than that to prepare and find a new job. Remember, if you leave the company then you give up your rights for unemployment and any severance package for example.

2. A great company that know's what they're doing and has helped me in an area I needed the most... Organization & planning

Current Contractor - Senior Linux Administrator in Emeryville, CA
    Current Contractor - Senior Linux Administrator in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, don't stay at one business for a long time.

Cons

Many employees in India making time difference hard, and not all employees are up to par

Advice to Management

There are a few employees that I've dealt with whom are specialists in certain areas. When working with them I quickly end up knowing more than they do and they do nothing but argue. During phone calls they interrupt questions answering it with the wrong answer over and over and over again and won't stop. When management is told I don't know if nothing happens to them or if they just ignore what management tells them.

Also, I recommend making a shared file with a list of tasks needed to be done so when there are times when an employee has nothing to do they can go to the page, mark the task they're going to do and leave a note that they're working on it, and when finished leave another note pointing to a report on the completed task.