There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

Do not work here

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Hauppauge, NY
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at HCL America for over 4 year. My old company outsourced my product development to HCL in 1998. They gave me a retention bonus earned after staying for a year, which is nice.

Cons

I am one of the many senior software engineer in the team. Every year, they kept laying off current senior people and outsourced their responsiblities to India. Some Indian programmers are pretty good technically. But they only do what you tell them to do. They don't have much other common sense. If you spec is missing a few details or is wrong, they would just code it anyway. Also, there is no career opportunities for existing developers from the transitioned company. You are there for knowledge transfer only. I see all these junior/mid developers rose the ranks to become managers or leads over the 4 years that I worked there. Their idea of employee first is really Indian people first. Also, I got like less than 1% raise every year. The only reason that I stayed was because my manager, who is out of state, let me worked from home (which is a real big convenience). Their HCL America web site was really confusing with a lot of sites that are not connected. I had to create several credentials. But over the years, they improved it a lot, actually. But as of 2012, it is still not as good as my old company's internal website (2008). There is a lot of bureaucracy within the organization. We tried to get a laptop and had to go thru like a dozen approvals and took over a year. Also, HCL does not really know how to do product development. All they are about is their bottom-lin and profit margin.

3016 Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies (View Most Recent)

Multiple opportunities, freedom at work, challenging work

Current Employee - Tech Lead  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in Redmond, WA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom to work the way you want
    Freedom to take up any role
    Great onsite opportunities
    Good clients

Cons

Less than market standard pay
    Ad hoc planning
    Not enough reward and recognition

Value your employees and reward them with compensation and rewards

Good

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice Company , Nice salary , Nice Employees,Nice Company , Nice salary , Nice Employees

Cons

Lack of good management, Lack of Good Managers

There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!