Its a Good Company If you stay Longer

Former Employee - Project Lead  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Project Lead in New York, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good when you stay longer !!

Cons

Lot of Politics and biasedness though they say Employee first

Improve your HR department, they are a pain

Other Reviews for HCL Technologies

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

maybe the benefits are pretty good, although I've never taken advantage of them as I got out of the company as fast as I could once I figured out how bad they were

Cons

Pay is average, not great
    work life balance sucks
    The company is closed from Christmas - New Years but makes employees take their own time off or go on leave without pay - total BS
    get everything in writing - the company will lie to you to get you to work for them.
    They will even change your job title, reporting manager, salary after what they say in a signed offer letter
    The insistance to only honor that which is put in writing but yet ignore your own formal practices that you mention in writing really creates a climate of distrust.

Pay a little more attention to this job board and start learning from these reviews. All the negative reviews are 100% accurate.

Do not work here

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at HCL America for over 4 year. My old company outsourced my product development to HCL in 1998. They gave me a retention bonus earned after staying for a year, which is nice.

Cons

I am one of the many senior software engineer in the team. Every year, they kept laying off current senior people and outsourced their responsiblities to India. Some Indian programmers are pretty good technically. But they only do what you tell them to do. They don't have much other common sense. If you spec is missing a few details or is wrong, they would just code it anyway. Also, there is no career opportunities for existing developers from the transitioned company. You are there for knowledge transfer only. I see all these junior/mid developers rose the ranks to become managers or leads over the 4 years that I worked there. Their idea of employee first is really Indian people first. Also, I got like less than 1% raise every year. The only reason that I stayed was because my manager, who is out of state, let me worked from home (which is a real big convenience). Their HCL America web site was really confusing with a lot of sites that are not connected. I had to create several credentials. But over the years, they improved it a lot, actually. But as of 2012, it is still not as good as my old company's internal website (2008). There is a lot of bureaucracy within the organization. We tried to get a laptop and had to go thru like a dozen approvals and took over a year. Also, HCL does not really know how to do product development. All they are about is their bottom-lin and profit margin.

There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!