HCL Technologies

www.hcltech.com
  www.hcltech.com
There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies

The experience at HCL Technologies thus far has been a good one

Current Employee - Z/OS Systems Programmer in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Z/OS Systems Programmer in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the experiences at HCL Technologies thus far has been fairly good. They have very good benefits if you are a permanent employee of the company. My experience so far with management has been a good one. I have no complaints about the management.

Cons

I came on as a contractor. I have been a contractor for 6 months and expected to convert to a permanent full-time employee after 6 months. Nothing seems to be happening to effect the conversion to full-time.

Speed up the conversion process when a contract employee has served well and desires to be converted to full-time permanent status.

3364 Other Employee Reviews for HCL Technologies (View Most Recent)

The Worst Consulting Firm in the USA

Current Employee - SAP Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - SAP Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company was a pleasure to work for until it was purchased by the Indian firm, HCL. All has changed since that time. See Cons.

Cons

HCL has the weakest management team I have ever encountered. Most seem to be castoffs from IBM or other larger firms. HCL forces the consultants to use a very tiny US travel agency. It was selected only because the owner is related to an executive at HCL. The cost to clients has more than doubled in some instances. HCL also charges the client a full-day per diem, but only pays consultants for the actuals. HCL takes the difference. This is desperation on the part of HCL execs.

Bad for working mom's - They don't give maternity leave

Current Employee - Sales in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a growing company

Cons

After becoming pregant, I was informed that I was not allowed to take maternity leave, but men are allowed to take paternity leave.

while the Family Medical Leave Act does provide 12 weeks leave time, company policy requires people to use up all of their vacation / sick leave first. Then, go on unpaid leave.

This company needs to very much look at the way they treat women. It is a very male-dominated culture and I think this is the reason why they do not treat women the same way they treat the men.

There are newer employer reviews for HCL Technologies