HCP
www.hcpi.com Long Beach, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Great compensation, but watch out for the politics

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at HCP

ProsGreat total compensation - above average when factor in the annual bonus, which can be between 10-40% of the base salary for non-upper management.

ConsThe new CFO and CAO have made good headway in opening the doors between silos. However, for a small company (<200 employees), the political structure is fierce, and promotions heavily depend up upper management perception of performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake heed the advice of middle management - they know their people best, and make recommendations that can help the day-to-day operations of the company.

Good company performance but poor work/life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HCP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay is above average New CEO seems to be heading in the… Cons: raises & promotions seem to have more to do with politics than actual ability not much attention to work/life… Advice to Senior Management: invest in your people. It's not always about the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Beware

Management (Former Employee)
Long Beach, CA

I worked at HCP

Pros: Above average salary package to compensate for work environment Cons: Employees are pawns in a game. Your personal success and… Advice to Senior Management: Ask the Board to get involved with this company. Too many… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on HCP.

Worked for HCP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCP CEO Jay Flaherty III. All reviews posted anonymously by HCP employees.