Great learning experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at HCR ManorCare as an intern

Pros

As a student this was a great internship opportunity that prepared me for my future.

Cons

There were quite a bit of changes going on with the kitchen when I was there. If patient's are not pleased with their food then it leads to a rough time.

Other Employee Reviews for HCR ManorCare

1. complacency over competency

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

somewhat flexible schedule, good relationship with my direct supervisor, any paycheck is better than no paycheck

Cons

Profit over people - both staff and residents suffer for the bottom line. Poor training, poor pay. Company likes to tout the ablity of staff to transfer to other locations ( 500 in the US ) but then seeks to reset pay rates back to entry level no matter how many years a person has been with the company. Benefits are expensive and not very inclusive. Company rolled back pay raises 3 mos effectively taking $ directly out of staff pockets, yet wastes $ everyday on frivilous and insulting " incentives and rewards " Pins, banners, buttons and coupons to choose cheap crappy rewards online. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management does nothing to improve conditions, rather they use info / complaints as a means of retaliation towards staff who speak out. This is a " see no evil / hear no evil / speak no evil " management style which seems to be company approved. Sheep leading sheep

Advice to Management

Facility management is under pressure from corporate to keep census up, costs down. No concern for the extremely high turnover rate, the lack of quality employees and poor training.

2. profits before parients

I worked at HCR ManorCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none, i wouldnt recommend this faciliy or company to any one to work in or to for rehabilitation or LTC placement

Cons

Poor quality of care, poor staff to patient ratio 3/60 and most times 2/60 on a skilled rehab unit, nursing license is on the line every time you clock in.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Patients are living people that should be taken care of, that requires adequate staffing over corporate profit.