HCR ManorCare

www.hcr-manorcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for HCR ManorCare

Some people who really do care, others not so much

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have met some great people working for this company, I feel as though those who work "above" me are very friendly and easy to talk to. The pay is pretty good, vacation time is reasonable. They will really work with you if you have something going on in your personal life.

Cons

Some of the staff really do care about the residents. With others it just seems like the don't understand that they are supposed to be taking care of somebodies family member. The medical benefits should be better considering you are working in healthcare.

There should be stricter guidelines and repercussions for employees who treat the residents negatively.

300 Other Employee Reviews for HCR ManorCare (View Most Recent)

The overall company does seem to highly appreciate their employers.

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Oak Lawn, IL
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Oak Lawn, IL

I worked at HCR ManorCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee appreciation and opportunity for advancement

Cons

Over worked and under staffed

They should be more compassionate and empathetic towards the staff

complacency over competency

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

somewhat flexible schedule, good relationship with my direct supervisor, any paycheck is better than no paycheck

Cons

Profit over people - both staff and residents suffer for the bottom line. Poor training, poor pay. Company likes to tout the ablity of staff to transfer to other locations ( 500 in the US ) but then seeks to reset pay rates back to entry level no matter how many years a person has been with the company. Benefits are expensive and not very inclusive. Company rolled back pay raises 3 mos effectively taking $ directly out of staff pockets, yet wastes $ everyday on frivilous and insulting " incentives and rewards " Pins, banners, buttons and coupons to choose cheap crappy rewards online. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management does nothing to improve conditions, rather they use info / complaints as a means of retaliation towards staff who speak out. This is a " see no evil / hear no evil / speak no evil " management style which seems to be company approved. Sheep leading sheep

Facility management is under pressure from corporate to keep census up, costs down. No concern for the extremely high turnover rate, the lack of quality employees and poor training.

There are newer employer reviews for HCR ManorCare