HD Supply

Best Job I ever had

Current Employee - Renovation Operations in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Renovation Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Advancement, schooling, career path are all sky is the limit here. Tuition help, healthy living benefits.... They are paying for my health insurance this year since I quit smoking. Promoted twice in three years. I came from an industry that devalues is force and this is a huge difference. HD cares about its family members.

Cons

Understanding that people are sue happy and entitlement is rampant the company has a habit of letting lazy people who are not as productive as others keep there jobs when they should be at McDonald's wondering what happened.

Document all you underperforming personnel and get them off the books. Your holding this company back by forcing others to pick up the slack.

253 Other Employee Reviews for HD Supply (View Most Recent)

Field area rep

Current Employee - Field Account Representative in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Field Account Representative in Bronx, NY

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good pay for metro area, great training with vendors

Cons

Micro market the district manager runs the north east like a mob boss and HR will protect him, if your a yes man this company is for you but if you stand up be prepared to be stomped

follow the rules you implement and stop running the business like it was part of the mob

Incompetence at the Highest Level

Current Employee - Field Account Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Field Account Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If this is the only sales job you can get.

Cons

Zero work life balance, if you value your family stay away from this company, 12 hour work days just to catch up, emails from your manager at 10:30 at night, lack of respect from area managers towards reps, no coaching, no training, no communication. Company promotes people who they can control not qualified management at all, no idea how their reps feel. Company shoots itself in the foot time and time again, expecting you to clean up the mess. Company also just went public so micro management is the name of the game now. Reps are quitting left and right fed up with poor leadership, do yourself a favor stay far away from this company it is the most unorganized, incompetent company I have ever worked for also loaded with debt reporting losses every quarter, company is in trouble stay away.

Sit down with your sales team and communicate. Get rid of district management who leads by fear. Hire managers who can coach, communicate and motivate a sales team.

There are newer employer reviews for HD Supply