HD Supply

There are newer employer reviews for HD Supply

Hospitality Account Manger

Current Employee - Hospitality Account Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Hospitality Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Close to home and flexible hours

Cons

Extremely difficult to make commission

Commission pay structure needs to be revised and made attainable.

253 Other Employee Reviews for HD Supply (View Most Recent)

Disorganized Accounts Payable Department

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at HD Supply full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company itself is very proactive regarding their employees health and well being.

Cons

Senior Management sets unrealistic and unattainable goals. In Accounts Payable they treat their employees like mice running on a wheel. There are many aspects of Accounts Payable that need to be accomplished to be a successful department and keep the internal and external customers happy.

Need to get a new Senior Manager to handle Accounts Payable. Someone who knows how AP functions and all aspects not just how many invoices someone can push thru. Also spend the time to hire quality individuals and pay them based on their experience. Stop hiring inexperienced people would be a good start.

Good company, but your happiness depends on the department you work in

Former Employee - Accountant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Orlando, FL

I worked at HD Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, lots of potential for growth and increased market share. Even so, the old timers still talk about how much better the company was before Home Depot bought it. Lots of good people still work there who are very good at what they do. The department I worked in was extremely good about approving time off. The company's biggest push was employee health and offered lots of programs. When I worked there, they still had normal health insurance (not high deductible like everywhere else). The company does invest in technology and upgrades their systems pretty regularly.

Cons

In the department I worked in, if you're happy doing what you're doing and not looking to promote anytime soon, you are not welcome. One of the managers there makes the whole team miserable, but upper management just looks the other way. I've heard that working for one of the lines of business is a lot better, but if you do then you're subject to downsizing. There's no winning.

I would have stayed if not for bad management - in spite of the fact that I could've made more money elsewhere. Pay attention to how people are treated who are lower on the food chain. Provide ethcis and people-skills training to new managers - and refresher courses to more tenured ones.

There are newer employer reviews for HD Supply