HD Supply
www.hdsupply.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Ten Separate Companies with Ten Separate Cultures... Integration Synergies Unrealized...

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at HD Supply

Proso HDS has only been stand-alone company since 2007... Still retains a very 'start-up' feel.
o If you have a brain (and care a little), you can excel quickly here.
o Much integration synergy (savings, effeciencies) opportunities still exist... but (for various reasons) have not yet been executed upon.
o Generally, tenure here is long... very blue-collar company, with workers who remain in the industry for a very long time (both a pro & con, actually).

Conso GE leadership (at Corporate) often out-of-touch with branch-based distribution model... Too focused on short-term financials, and not enough on long-term business model viability.
o Glass ceiling... If you're not closely connected to Senior Management... Limited senior level promotional opportunities
o Integration challenges persist... Company struggling with 'One Team' identity... and ability to sell off business at drop of a hat. Series of fast acquisitions from 2005-2007 created a company, which is only loosely integrated at Corporate level. Individual business units operate independently.
o Salesforce has no incentive to 'play nice' with other business units... We compete with ourselves for same customers, and job-level opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany leadership is too focused on short-term (3-5 year) IPO-event, and related financial gains (for ownership). Should be more focused on longer-term integration of salesforce and business units, and realizing the low-hanging, but unattained integration synergies.... creating a company that will last 50 years, not 5 years.

HD supply

Intern (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at HD Supply

Pros: laid back place to work Cons: a little too laid back Advice to Senior Management: dont be afrid to be brilliant Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

HD Supply Interiors

Landover, MD

I have been working at HD Supply

Pros: The associates work hard and are dedicated! Cons: Management doesn't care enough about the associates. Management doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Ask for input from the people doing the work each… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on HD Supply.

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HD Supply reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo. All reviews posted anonymously by HD Supply employees.