Great place to work/retire from

Current Employee - Lab Technologist  in  Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Lab Technologist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at HDL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedules, great benefits (most are company paid), a very relaxed atmosphere, open communication even up to the higher-ups. The company is constantly growing and expanding, but make sure not to make employees feel like a number.

Cons

Being a fairly new company, a lot of practices are not in full swing yet. Procedures are constantly being updated, which makes it hard to keep up sometimes with what is new each week.

None. Management here is what is normal at most companies. There is always a bad seed in the bunch, but that comes with hiring of different people.

Other Reviews for HDL

It started off wonderfully but soon turned into high school.

I worked at HDL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and PTO are outstanding and you would be hard pressed to find any other company to match HDL. They also provide numerous health programs and incentives, including an in house gym and exercise classes.

Cons

I would like to stress that while I cannot vouch for all management, the particular individuals of my department were like teenagers in high school. They participated in going out with employees after work and brought those friendships in with them the next day. In my experience, your hard work ethic and seniority counted for nothing if the lab manager did not like you and once a mistake was made it was never forgiven.

I truly believe that HDL could be an awesome place to work if all management had a little more experience and did not let their emotions and personal feelings make decisions for them.

Total chaos, but employees treated well.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Richmond, VA

I worked at HDL full-time for more than a year

Pros

They dont skimp on employees. Lots of perks and nice office space.

Cons

If you dont like having almost no direction and what little direction you do get changing with the wind...keep movin'

Come up with a business plan and stick to it. Also find a way to make systems work together as a cohesive solution rather than a cobbled together scrap pile that leaks money by not reconciling billing systems with lab systems etc..

There are newer employer reviews for HDL.

Worked for HDL? Contribute to the Community!