HDR
www.hdrinc.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Not the best experience, overall, central leadership is out of touch with regional conditions.

Architect (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at HDR full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCan have exciting projects, when office actually has projects.

ConsDecision to layoff half of our office was made at corporate headquarters with little input form local leadership. DId not take the time to really look at who did what at local office, and who had value beyond what they were being told. Did not take into account past contributions of people like myself who had travelled every week at times for the good of the company and projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally try to understand how conditions may be different in one region to another. Understand the difference between long-term engineering contracts which will be highly profitable and architecture contracts which might be only break-even in this tough market. Also don't layoff people right before the holidays with no insurance, and not even one week severance per year they worked for you!

Senior Project Architect

Senior Project Architect (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at HDR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Challenging and diverse projects, not very bureaucratic or regimented, relative… Cons: Company over-expanded via too many company buyouts, high overhead… Advice to Senior Management: In early 2000's HDR was flush with work and operated well with a very lean staff, then when economy crashed after 2008 HDR started buying… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Loved my experience there

Roadway Design Intern (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL

I worked at HDR part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great roadway design team, committed to a quality work product,… Cons: As with all civil engineering firms, offices expand and contract… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on HDR.

Worked for HDR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HDR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HDR CEO George A. Little. All reviews posted anonymously by HDR employees.