Great Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Boise, ID
Former Employee - Intern in Boise, ID

I worked at HDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, supportive atmosphere. Leadership is enthusiastic about mentoring interns.

Cons

Dealing with "corporate" training program

reviews filtered by

Best Engineering Company

Current Employee - Bridge Engineer II in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Bridge Engineer II in Vienna, VA

I have been working at HDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee owned culture. People are smart respectful and friendly. You won't see micromanagers here. Managers let you work without getting in the way. Interesting projects to work on. Collaboration and team work is a big part of the company's culture. Very transparent and ethical company that emphasizes quality work. Very good salaries and benefits. Impressive company stock performance.

Cons

No sick days. HDR has very few cons I can think of, having worked for several private companies and with the government I can really say that the pros out shadow the cons.Being a technical company, managers tend to be more technical than project manager.

Advice to Management

Continue improving the current QA/QC procedures and organize a bit better the file structure in Project Wise

2. Amazing Internship!

Former Intern - Transportation Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Transportation Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at HDR as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Gave challenging work which helped me produce great technical skills I could never dream of. The employees were friendly and willing to share knowledge about their job responsibilities and experience with the company. Interaction with management in a comfortable environment. Participated in community outreach activities exposing STEM to youths. Attended Mariner baseball games on multiple occasions.

Cons

From my experience there are none. Compensated and accommodated well. Love the values! Leadership was awesome!