There are newer employer reviews for HEICO

Very unprofessional working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at HEICO

Pros

Pay is higher than most places, bonuses.

Cons

Very unprofessional work environment. Favoritism and nepotism between management and employees. Special treatment if you are in the right clique. Little to no communication between managment and employees. Incompetent supervisors and managers. Much gossip and backstabbing. No value placed on good work ethics. Policies and procedures mean nothing there - not enforced - waste of paper that its written on. Management does not want any conflict or problems brought to their attention due to the fact that it brings to light their incompetencies as leaders. This could be a very good place to work and has the potential to be more profitable if current management and supervisors were replaced with ones who had a backbone or skills to address and correct the working environment that exists. Corporate needs to be aware of the theft that occurs daily in terms of the money being wasted by keeping office employees who do little to no work, spend most of their days taking care of personal business whether it be online shopping or hours on personal calls, spending time socializing or excessive time off. Morale amongst employees is extremely low due to the "special" treatment bestowed upon those "special" few. A lot of animosity and distrust. If you are someone with a strong work ethic you would be very discouraged and stressed on a daily basis. On the other hand, if you prefer a circus like atmosphere that does not require you to do much work and are willing to suck up to the right supervisor or manager, then this is the place for you. Be prepared to put up and shut up or you will be out the door.

Corporate needs to take notice of the mismanagment at Future. Unannounced visits would be good. Replacement of current management/supervisors and slackers could make Future Aviation a much better place to work.

11 Other Employee Reviews for HEICO (View Most Recent)

Disjointed and Disorganized

Current Employee - Finance  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO

Pros

The people that work at Heico are absolutely great people. It's the best place I've ever worked in terms of the people that I worked with. Also, bonus is pretty good compared to other companies

Cons

Heico is a publically traded company that is dominated by a few people. They have the autonomy to practically do what they want.

HR has absolutely no power in the company so things that shouldn't be happening often does.

Upper management is a click and if you are not apart of it then do not expect any advancement no matter how well you have performed. Bonus is often dependent on how much your manager likes you.

Most of upper management have been there for 15 or 20 years. All they know is the Heico way and do not listen to any new ideas that do not conform to the traditional way they do business.

Systems are antiquated. Everything is VERY manual.

Little to no African American representation. Only one african American Manager in the entire organization who was actually got their role because they were already in it when Heico acquired them. No African Americans in upper management at all!

I personally think they entire upper management team needs to be broken up

Misleading Job Descriptions

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Hollywood, FL

I worked at HEICO

Pros

Decent Benefits and great job stability. The business model of the company promotes stable long term growth and a belief that the company will be around for many years.

Cons

I worked for the Jet Avion division. The management at that division constantly used threats as a job motivator. "Fix it or go find another job" was heard twice a week at least. Even when somebody said, "I already had" they didn't stop. They also were misleading about the nature of the job I was hired for and didn't like that I pointed out that the job that I was told I had and the job that I was told to do was different. The first week I worked there three co-workers told me what a great place it was to work at a few years ago. (That was before some new management came aboard. Then, it "turned into a nightmare".) While I was there three people gave notice, moved to other divisions and asked me to help them find jobs elsewhere. If you have other options, skip the Jet Avion division. Go elsewhere.

When turnover reaches two people per week for more than a month maybe you should do some self analysis. You have management that is more concerned with control than with meeting the bottom line.

There are newer employer reviews for HEICO

Worked for HEICO? Contribute to the Community!