HEICO
www.heico.com Hollywood, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Decent salary, great bonus (if you get it), but little to no growth.

Hollywood, FL

ProsIt's in a nice part of the country. The executives seem like nice people (you're likely too insignificant to really anger them ever). Most of the office area is pretty nice. Work Hard / Play Hard mentality. Salary can be competitive if you negotiate well. Bonus is great. It can be up to 10% of your salary even at lower levels. There are a lot of different products to work on. Some management is good, others are terrible. If you can get yourself a good salary, you can live in a nice area, but don't expect anything long term, because you may not ever see a raise (even after 3-4 years of good work).

ConsWith that, raises have no structure. Some areas get them, others never seem to get them. It all depends on who the boss is.

Two types of bad management. The bullies and the innept. There are a few that are totally clueless. Also, the reality is that the true "managers" aren't managers by title, they're the Business Unit Leaders, Directors, or VP's. The title of Manager is pretty much useless. They have to fill out some paperwork, but they usually have no power (i.e. can't give raises, can't authorize almost anything). All they can do is OK your vacation it seems. They'll fire people if you basically don't just do whatever they want when they want it. There are only a few exceptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executives need to flow down what they want better. It seems like it all dies in middle management. A lot of bitter employees aren't being taken care of. This affects the bottom line, which is the only thing most seem to care about. Also, the nepotism needs to be carefully reviewed. In some cases, it's fine, due to people being in different units, but in others, it's blatently unethical. I guess no one cares so long as they can hire new employees and keep making money.

Very unprofessional working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

I worked at HEICO

Pros: Pay is higher than most places, bonuses. Cons: Very unprofessional work environment. Favoritism and nepotism between management and employees. Special treatment if you are in the right clique. Little to no communication between… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to take notice of the mismanagment at Future. Unannounced visits would be good.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disjointed and Disorganized

Finance (Current Employee)
    Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO

Pros: The people that work at Heico are absolutely great people. It's the best place I've ever worked… Cons: Heico is a publically traded company that is dominated by a few people. They have the autonomy to practically do what they want. HR has absolutely… Advice to Senior Management: I personally think they entire upper management team needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HEICO.

Worked for HEICO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HEICO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HEICO CEO Laurans A. Mendelson. All reviews posted anonymously by HEICO employees.