HGA-Quest
hgaquest.com Garden City, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Massive disorganization on a grand scale.....DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Senior Project Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at HGA-Quest full-time for more than a year

ProsNone that I can think of

ConsWhere do I start?

-Don't work here, ever!!
-Company lies to you about everything including territory, number of employees, type of employees, and scope of work.
-HGA is so afraid of getting sued that PT and FT Field employees cannot be written up or ever fired, even if they refuse to follow directions or just plain don't show up for work.
-Severe disorganization from senior management....You don't know where you'll be at any given night for the most part and some projects are so complicated and you're so understaffed that you'll never get them done in one night.
-Lack of support for Project Leads (Sr. Project Leads)....Basically it's "good luck" and "we can't help you with that"
-HGA picked up Crossmark's old contract and hired all of their disgruntled employees that Home Depot hates!
-Horrid employees that you didn't hire (almost all ex Crossmark) and can't do anything about because company is afraid of lawsuits.
-My PT and FT employee could barely get through the night. (ex Crossmark)
-No ability to hire decent employees...It all goes through NY.
-If they're mad about you for something, they'll FORGET TO PAY YOU and then say it was a technical glitch.....I was salaried and had to threaten legal action as they "forgot" a week's pay when I had a disagreement with upper management.
-Dealing with bizarre temp labor every night that may or may not show up or may or may not show up drunk, drugged, or just plain weird. It's like dealing with ex-convicts or parolees.
-HGA does everything they can to keep Home Depot happy but HD is planning on taking over ALL resets shortly. Your job is going to end soon as the HD contract has less than a year remaining....Also, Home Depot MET mgrs can't stand HGA or their employees since most are ex Crossmark and were originally kicked out of the stores but are back with a new company!
-No future job stability....HGA has all of their eggs in one basket with the Home Depot and Depot wants HGA out of all of it's stores in less than a year. It's over.
-You'll wear your car out in a short amount of time.
-You'll be short staffed continuously and sometimes won't get out of a store until after 10am...That's after starting at 7pm. It's awful and constant night work is draining over years when you're understaffed and temps don't show.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't listen to it anyway....Get rid of the rabble you took on from Crossmark and let your Sr. Project Leads have some control of the hiring process. We're stuck with them every night and they're awful to a man. Also, having 1 VP controlling and micromanaging everything isn't working very well. Give your Sr. Project Leads some authority.

There are newer reviews on HGA-Quest.

Worked for HGA-Quest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HGA-Quest reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by HGA-Quest employees.