There are newer employer reviews for HIC

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ann Arbor, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at HIC full-time

Pros

I wish I could say something positive. Only typing here because I am forced to add at least 5 words.

Cons

No team work. Intra department feuds between Service and Engineering. No knowledge sharing.

Clean house.

5 Other Employee Reviews for HIC (View Most Recent)

Hopeless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Northampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at HIC full-time

Pros

There isn't anything to say. The UK centre is basically a service, sales and support base but try to project themselves as if they do something worthwhile including myself. Although there was some development happening in the past when they had the resource. Miss that....

Cons

Worst management, excellent politics, no growth, not multinational/multicultural like other Horiba centres, false projections and misinterpretations by employees to project themselves over others.

Since it's not a strong development base, the occasional Development projects get shelved half way or even if close to completion due to bad management decisions on resource management or some times to prevent personal and departmental growth. Very Bad.....

Since it's not a strong development centre, good resources leave, the knowledge base is low and will have to rely on other Horiba centres even for simple clarifications and procedures.

Must change inside out. Stop hiring family members, relatives. Bring in talent and get productive. Become an engineering company like other centres. Never make company level decision for personal gain. Must know their capabilities and work on it. If not technically strong don't make decisions based on suggestions and guesses, there are people who can help. Stop taking opinions on employees from other employees and use it to make decisions, this is disastrous. Come to your senses quick.

traditional but innovative company

I worked at HIC as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

one of the most innovative company in Japan with the most advance technology in automotive testing with a headquarter in one of the most livable city in Japan - Kyoto.

Cons

matrix management style that is rather complex, considering the worldwide operations. decision making process is not very efficient and rather slow.

all the best

There are newer employer reviews for HIC

Worked for HIC? Contribute to the Community!