There are newer employer reviews for HKA Enterprises

Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Seneca, SC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Seneca, SC

I have been working at HKA Enterprises as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

HKA staff and coworkers really care for each other. The staff are willing to listen and help in any way they can. They have benefits that is available if you need it.

Cons

Wish I negotiated for paid vacation time.

Continue your great job.

7 Other Employee Reviews for HKA Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Work hard play hard

I have been working at HKA Enterprises for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, intelligent management, ability to advance, manageable workload, and NO micromanaging. Free water and coffee. + gym

Cons

No 401(k) match, vacation policy (one paid week of vacation only offered after an entire year of service.)

Additional training would be nice

My experiences are my own

Current Employee - Employee  in  Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Employee in Duncan, SC

I have been working at HKA Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work at your own pace, environment is always changing, gym in facility, large tv with satellite available in break room, coffee & water provided. Smokers can take breaks. Easily hired if you're a female, friend or relative. No real experience needed mostly other co-workers will show you if you ask them but most of them don't know how to answer you. 1 hour lunch breaks, if you are over you will lose out on your time. Have out door area where you can take a break.

Cons

I have never worked in an internal environment where many managers didn't know any policies or procedures, so each individual manager brings in his own. Always have a heavy work load, due to a head count the recruiters have to keep, they work either sick or on while vacation, if they fall below they are terminated, very competitive environment, poor leadership and lack of accountability. If I have a question I get sent to other departments. No training in place no written policies no written time off or vacation guidelines, sometimes, we didn't know which holidays we were working or had off until that week. Some co-workers have weeks off of vacation while others have a week. Pay scale is so different for all workers, except new (female)recruiters who were paid minimum wage and they were all grouped pay "wise" together. Travel required and no extra or overtime pay if you worked over the 8 hour day and no per diem nor mileage paid. NO bonus even though it is promoted. Not salaried employees, all considered " Independent Contractors". Ratio of male to female with all managers being male & office workers all female with the exception of 3 or 4 male recruiters. Not a diverse place to work. Some co-workers( female) have a chip on their shoulders and are allowed to act out, I am seriously thinking they encourage it. Might not be anything but will mention login and log out is off by about 10 minutes and after a while it accumulates for these 10 minutes not to be in my pocket! I also found out when cold calling that they were sued by former contractor employees due to non payment of OT and were ordered to pay them. I will definitely keep other employment opportunities open!

Even though you can or allowed to speak to the managers, they would tell you they are happy with the way things are, mostly because we are replaceable, it is a staffing company after-all.

HKA Enterprises Response

Sep 19, 2014Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. I did want to address a few points.

Regarding Pay: None of our internal employees make minimum wage. Every single member of staff makes well over minimum wage
    ... More

There are newer employer reviews for HKA Enterprises

Worked for HKA Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!