HL GROUP PARTNERS
www.hlgrp.com New York, NY

Intern Experience

PR Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe accounts they have are top-notch names in the fashion business. Flexible work schedule. Semi-casual work environment. You get to go the Fashion Week. Some of the people here are really nice. They buy cupcakes for the office like every other week. You observe (notice my choice of word) the basics such as how PR interacts with the media and how they secure placements.

ConsYou never really get PR experience such as writing a press release or the like. Even if it never saw the day of light, it would be appreciated if someone saw it and gave pointers.

Some senior level management won't even acknowledge your existence. Fair enough, I'm an intern but if someone says "Good Morning" to you in an elevator, I think it's common courtesy to reply or at least smile back. Am I wrong for thinking that?

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate workshops for interns. We don't just want to be expert shoe packers or wizards at organizing the fashion closet. If you taught us more and gave us more responsibility, we could take a considerable load off the account coordinators because God knows they could use a break once in a while.

Fun, fast paced community of committed professionals

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at HL GROUP PARTNERS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Employees are constantly learning from one another and generating innovative and exciting ideas for clients. The agency… Cons: Minimal communication between top executives and junior employees. The agency… More

Horrible and negative place to work

Office Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at HL GROUP PARTNERS

Pros: Coffee in the morning. This place was not a positive, challenging, or exciting place… Cons: Negative place to work. Boring and relatively an embarrassment in PR. HR also doubles as the finance team, like they do in many small… Advice to Senior Management: Get an HR team. Spend money & improve company morale. It might be smart… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HL GROUP PARTNERS.

Worked for HL GROUP PARTNERS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HL GROUP PARTNERS reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by HL GROUP PARTNERS employees.