HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

www.hondaalabama.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

good place to get experience

Current Employee - Engineering Associate
Current Employee - Engineering Associate

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, job security, pay is not bad at all with over time pay.

Cons

Many non-professional behaviors. Depends on department and sub-group, work hours can be flexible or not. frequently making a new group and separating group. sometime function of the group is not well defined.

Other Employee Reviews for HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

Hard work but just a number to management

Pros

As a temp here for over a yr the pay is great considering you make more than other places in the state. Good skill building.

Cons

As a temp I feel like all management really cares about is numbers and not quality of the product. It hurts many of us (temps) who break our backs working and volunteering but then during the quarterly meetings you praise all the full-time with a bonus for all their hard work. We signed on with our temp agency understanding this but the way we get treated is destroying our morale. You say HMA is 60% temp and 40% full...my question is this...Why then is full-timers complaining about us. Most of them got hired on full-time when you opened and we work our butts off working all the volunteer overtime and getting no bonuses. To you full-timers on here. We get half your pay and it takes us 4 months to receive 8 hrs PTO. Quit crying about your little raises and $2,000.00 lump sum bonuses. I know there are many temps you and I see who are worthless to HMA but please know many our working and trying to get on full-time. Us temps have no say here because basicly it seems like everyone just thinks of us as a nobody. On my team where I work we take up money when a full-timer goes out on FMLA or when a death in their family has occured. They respect us temps and understand why we choose to volunteer the overtime when asked by our TM or TC.

Advice to Management

Please try to treat and listen to full and temp associates better. Even though i really dont think you will im still giving you 110% of me. Also, is it true that you give $18,000.00 to Elwood Staffing for each temp you hire full-time? If so, I know now why we dont receive any bonus.

pay is good

Current Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL
    Current Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay...job security...never lay off full time employees

Cons

rotating shifts, long hours, work is hard

Advice to Management

hey, they are tired too