There are newer employer reviews for HMEA

Most direct care staff I worked with were lazy and uncaring and management seldom looked into complaints.

Former Employee - Support Staff in Franklin, MA
Former Employee - Support Staff in Franklin, MA

Pros

If working with challenged people is your gift, then you may enjoy working for this company.

Cons

Working with and having to tolerate lazy people.

Advice to Management

Take time to know your staff. Make monthly unexpected visits on ALL shifts. Listen to and look into ALL complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for HMEA

1. Program Coordinator

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at HMEA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am fully supported by my director and management staff to continue to persue higher learning opportunities. Company is fully committed and goes above and beyond to support those with disabilites. Management is very appreciative of all the hard work and effort employees put in and always make it a point to thank you for the hard work that you do. Flexibility is wonderful. Benefits are great.

Cons

Pay increases are minimal if any, but I am always appreciative of the honesty my supervisor gives me regarding the lack of funding from the state to support pay raises. If my raise were measured by the "thanks" and appreciation I do receive, I would be RICH. Money isn't everything.

2. Great-hearted people, disorganized on an individual level

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at HMEA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits and a good-hearted company. The hourly pay was alright but they were willing to negotiate during the hiring process and the vacation and sick time is fair. Great walk/run every year

Cons

The company is great, but the individual day habs & Redemption centers are disorganized. Many of the supervisors show intense favoritism and if you haven't been with the company for a very long time then it takes a while for them to warm up. Some of the staff have taken advantage of the Supervisor's flexibility, & you're not quite sure why some managers are in the positions they are.

Advice to Management

Don't make it so difficult for those excellent employees to get promoted & try to keep a closer eye on your individual centers