HMS Holdings

www.hms.com

Okay company with great potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

* market leader
* great potential because of it's position with Government HC and experience in the marketplace
* overall, good people to work with
* Continuing to diversify offerings

Cons

* VERY fragmented, where sr. management seems to have difficulty making decisions - paralysis by analysis. There have been several times where my boss' boss assigned me a project, I spent several days in research and writing, presented my findings, and have it drop into a black hole. Lack of trust - I don't feel that anyone, including my boss, will have my back or support me. I have no idea if I'm doing a good job or crappy job becuse there is no feedback. I work in a different office than my boss and can go 3-4 weeks without any communication. There seems to be a big disconnect at the top as to what our directoin is supposed to be - products, services, consulting?

Pick a direction and stick with it for the year. Have a strategy for acquistion and partnering, then proactively find those companies, rather than taling to every Tom, Dick and Patel that a board member refers you to. Establish a true product development process that is repeatable - stop with the one-off projects or just admit that's what we do and get rid of the so-called product development group. Be more decisive in your actions.

Other reviews for HMS Holdings

small business mentality with big shoes to fill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

It's clear this is a company which has grown faster then it has been able to keep up with. This goes across the whole corporate landscape. There is a turn-around in spirit and action plans to emphesis on quality experienced new hires which will help the company move into the large corporate space from the small business views. Huge potential for a 'winning' mentality, if you want to join a company in huge potential for growth and advancement, and ready to put in the time and work.

Cons

Small business views and processes are way behind fortune 500 companies. This starts at HR, benefits, internal processes, maturity of communication.

Keep a focus on stabilize the corporate strategies for establishment in the top of your field. Improve company culture, stay involved with employees and solicit feedback. Fix the benefits packages to atttract top talent. The least you want to worry about as a new hire is HR and benefirs. Let new hire focus on doing what they do best. You're on a roll as a company and need to make sure you plan for the future in all directions of the company.

The department with the worst rep...

Current Employee - Verification Specialist  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Irving, TX

Pros

The only pro is the overtime pay.

Cons

No life. Work seven days a week. Rules only apply to a selected few. Loud and catty coworkers. Unsanitary co-workers (food stuck in keyboards, crumbs all over the desk, and let's not get started on the bathrooms). Half of the team leads don't know how to fully do their jobs and the other half don't want to do their jobs. 30 minute lunch + 4 microwaves + 40 plus employees = a frenzy.

Stop promoting people based solely off their QA, production, and personal favorites. Start looking at their knowledge and efficiency of different websites and procedures.

There are newer employer reviews for HMS Holdings.

Worked for HMS Holdings? Contribute to the Community!