HMS Holdings

There are newer employer reviews for HMS Holdings

Operation Analyst

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management team is very knowledgeable.

Cons

The pay needs to be adjusted to fit the qualifications and skills.

71 Other Employee Reviews for HMS Holdings (View Most Recent)

Please look somewhere , anywhere else!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at HMS Holdings full-time

Pros

If I could think of a pro trust me I would name one.

Cons

Poor management, it's every man for himself here. Good luck in moving up because that will never happen. Salary lower than most other companies. Stay far away from this place it is just a mess!!!

Take management classes please! Because you have NO CLUE on what you are doing!!

Okay company with great potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* market leader
    * great potential because of it's position with Government HC and experience in the marketplace
    * overall, good people to work with
    * Continuing to diversify offerings

Cons

* VERY fragmented, where sr. management seems to have difficulty making decisions - paralysis by analysis. There have been several times where my boss' boss assigned me a project, I spent several days in research and writing, presented my findings, and have it drop into a black hole. Lack of trust - I don't feel that anyone, including my boss, will have my back or support me. I have no idea if I'm doing a good job or crappy job becuse there is no feedback. I work in a different office than my boss and can go 3-4 weeks without any communication. There seems to be a big disconnect at the top as to what our directoin is supposed to be - products, services, consulting?

Pick a direction and stick with it for the year. Have a strategy for acquistion and partnering, then proactively find those companies, rather than taling to every Tom, Dick and Patel that a board member refers you to. Establish a true product development process that is repeatable - stop with the one-off projects or just admit that's what we do and get rid of the so-called product development group. Be more decisive in your actions.

There are newer employer reviews for HMS Holdings