HMS Holdings

www.hms.com

Business Analyst

Business/Data Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsPlenty of PTO for employees that have been there for awhile, ability to work remotely when needed, training classes are made available, if you know who to talk to or where to look.

ConsSiloed work mentality, pay is not competitive, high attrition rate and not enough 'bench strength' to fill the positions so the work gets piled on to the employees that already have too much on their plate. The forecasting process is a joke and recast is even worse, the numbers are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you are trying to change the ways of how things are done but it's an uphill battle. We grew too fast and did not keep up with our technologies. Also, you may want to reevaluate your payscales for positions. You are losing a lot of seasoned employees to similar jobs where they are getting 10-15k more for less work.

Great people and managers in IT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HMS Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros: Small company quickly growing to large. Lots of potential for career growth. Managers willing to work with you to provide training and most everyone I… Cons: Growing pains and moving towards a 24/7 mentality can be… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the low performers quickly so team morale… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sinking Ship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time

Pros: Nice people Market Leader in Medicaid Cons: The company is a rudderless ship and have not adjusted to changing times. Very old technology (we're still on Lotus Notes!) combined with a… Advice to Senior Management: Bring in some fresh blood instead of the same 15-20… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on HMS Holdings.

Worked for HMS Holdings? Contribute to the Community!