HMSHost

www.hmshost.com
  www.hmshost.com
There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

Understanding people, they put the customer first

Current Employee - Barista in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Barista in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing shy of unlimited potiental

Cons

Start off as On-Call Position

219 Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost (View Most Recent)

Corporate is money hungry, makes management almost intolerable.

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Portland, OR

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good, ever-changing airport atmosphere; fun, fast-paced environment; great co-workers. Love working with the customers, and love the early morning shift.

Cons

Working for a company like HMSHost has been an experience that I don't prefer to re-live any time soon. Consistently under-staffed, because corporate has no care to keep any employees long-term (even the GOOD ones!) and gives employees absolutely no reason or incentive to stay. Therefore, the turn-over rate is astronomical, and there are constantly new hires that have no idea what they're doing yet working alongside the few "veterans" that decide to stay while having their benefits and hours cut, but then suddenly getting scheduled mandatory overtime...for weeks...and then having their hours cut again. You can't ever count on getting a consistent paycheck from this company. You will always either be way over your 40 hours or way under - even at full time.

Give your employees an incentive to stay put. We realize that if we don't like the job, there are others that will take it, but most of us don't want it anyway. And wouldn't it cost you less to keep good employees than constantly hire and train new ones?

sucks

Former Employee - Porter/Utility in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Porter/Utility in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at HMSHost full-time (less than an year)

Pros

coworkers are polite and good to work with

Cons

management sucks they send you to a orientation for two days and expect you to know everything to do at work, they don,t tell you that your immediate managers is lost half the the and treats you like you are a slave, or lower class , they don,t see the scope beyond of the work you do , and they send you somewhere else to to work for 2-3 months probation then they can you without knowing how you work.

tell your managers that employees are human and they are not upper class humans, and show some respect and listen to employees

There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost