There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

Not for the new generation

Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Starbucks Barista in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free lunch, good salary, benefits, sick pay, vacation

Cons

bad management, union fees, poor communication, lazy managers

Advice to Management

management pulls all the strings but have no one to audit them to protect the workers from complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost

1. Good has crazy in it too

Current Employee - Food and Drinks Cashier in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Food and Drinks Cashier in Miami, FL

I have been working at HMSHost part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Raises every 6 months Easy to get promoted (if you do your job right) Free parking after one year Free meals You get to meet different and interesting people Paid training

Cons

Super busy, might make you overstressed Managers are lazy Most coworkers don't want to help other coworkers Favoritism Understaffing Only full timers accumulate paid vacation hours employees who work for other companies may be rude to you/act entitled to free stuff

Advice to Management

Being a manager doesn't mean sitting around doing nothing and disappearing for hours. Help your employees and come when you are needed please. Stop favoring others and making friends with people who will disrupt your ability to be fair. Your employees are also human and not slaves.

2. Amazing! All the years I spend there help me grow in a professional and personal way.

Former Employee - Waitress in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Waitress in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Is a very organized company. They have rules and policies that you have to follow, and that help you to grow withing the company. Also, the training process that they use is very help full too; they make sure that their employees are prepare for every situation that they might face on a daily basis.

Cons

They need to improve their security on their cash rooms. I believe that's very important and i think that's the only bad thing.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, take the time to get to know them, so when something happen you can stand by their side, at the end we are a team, right?