I hate working here

Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My restaurant is a new one and has great food and a wonderful concept. I love my co-workers as well. The benefits are fairly decent, too.

Cons

The management is on a constant power trip. Your worth is based on seniority and it breeds laziness. The hourly managers favorite saying is " that's not in my pay grade" but they don't try to solve the issue. The head of HR never returns phone calls and and he'll get back to you by email in a day or two. Everyone in this company is absolutely so unapproachable. This is literally the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

In orientation, they made it sound as if this was a company you'd be proud to work for. I'd challenge them to prove it. Listen to what this staff is saying. The morale at Chelseas Kitchen is so incredibly low due to problems with these idiot managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Consistent service and reliable job.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are rarely cut due to such a high demand for all year around business. Working in one of the world's busiest airport means you will always have a job.

Cons

The Parking situation for employees is Time Consuming because you will have to park at an employee parking lot ten minutes away from the airport. It just adds unnecessary time to your commute to and from home.

Advice to Management

Show Appreciation to Employees.

2. Great company, poor management

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the company pays for your lunches at work which is always a plus. The opportunity to grow is there

Cons

The management isnt well trained and depending on which course you work it can be a prett y boring job.