HMSHost

I hate working here

Server (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HMSHost full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy restaurant is a new one and has great food and a wonderful concept. I love my co-workers as well. The benefits are fairly decent, too.

ConsThe management is on a constant power trip. Your worth is based on seniority and it breeds laziness. The hourly managers favorite saying is " that's not in my pay grade" but they don't try to solve the issue. The head of HR never returns phone calls and and he'll get back to you by email in a day or two. Everyone in this company is absolutely so unapproachable. This is literally the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn orientation, they made it sound as if this was a company you'd be proud to work for. I'd challenge them to prove it. Listen to what this staff is saying. The morale at Chelseas Kitchen is so incredibly low due to problems with these idiot managers.

Great company, poor management

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HMSHost full-time for less than a year

Pros: the company pays for your lunches at work which is… Cons: The management isnt well trained and depending on which course… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is okay but not a good place to work if you plan on moving up in the company

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Concord, NC

I have been working at HMSHost full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Being multi-unit there is always something to do or a store you can work… Cons: No benefits, no room for growth, management is detached from… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the associates, work in the units, be hands… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on HMSHost.

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HMSHost reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HMSHost CEO Tom Fricke. All reviews posted anonymously by HMSHost employees.