There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

The managing sucks in this company

Former Employee - Starbucks Barista  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Starbucks Barista in Miami, FL

I worked at HMSHost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food if its less than $11 free airport parking

Cons

Horrible management, lazy co-workers, no team atmosphere and the most horrible HR I have ever been a part of and no tips

Stop overlooking the issue if you want to make money make sure you know what is going on in the stores around you so you can see why workers complain or why sales are not getting done. I have work as a barista for less than a year here at the beginning everything was smooth I enjoyed my job then we started getting lazy coworkers new rules were being added that did not make sense. There where no managers to help us get voids done during peek hours and they penalized us for not leaving on time because they did not want to give us overtime and the worst part as a barista for Starbucks in hms host you were not allowed to get tips and if we did take the tips we could get fired but what I don't get is that the tips we get are mostly change from travelers who can't exchange the coins into foreign currency and sometimes they wanted to give us tips because they saw us working hard on a busy environment and we provided the customers with great service. It sickens me I never work so hard and been so dissatisfied at the workplace it brought my morale down and made me want to pursue another place.

189 Other Employee Reviews for HMSHost (View Most Recent)

Great

I have been working at HMSHost full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay is good. Good benefits.

Cons

Confusing. Disorganized for many years. Getting better now. Too many people with Director level positions.

Sucked

Current Employee - Barista  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Barista in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at HMSHost part-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement opportunities available, good chance of getting days off when you ask for them.

Cons

Relies entirely on seniority when it comes to schedules, crappy managers.

Hire better managers & supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for HMSHost

Worked for HMSHost? Contribute to the Community!