There are newer employer reviews for HNI

Lack of communication from executives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

I worked at HNI

Pros

The health benefits were very generous for families, not single young adults. After qualifying (2 years) for Cash Profit Sharing the company makes a generous match into members 401(k) accounts.

Cons

If you are starting your career with the company, do not expect guidance from management of what is expected of you, they assume you already know. There is a lack of support and communication between executives and mid-management and staff.

Advice to Management

Stick to the basics on how HNI became successful. Give members in the company greater guidance along with transparency to how well the company truly is doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

I loved my job.

Former Employee - Data Center Technical Specialist in Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Data Center Technical Specialist in Muscatine, IA

I worked at HNI

Pros

While working in the IT Department I had great gratification that I was able to help other people with their everyday problems. The production personal and office personal were great to work with.

Cons

Very stressful at times but that was all part of the job. I believe some people were probably paid more then they were worth, based on job performance.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints what so ever about my boss or supervisor. They were both great to work with and very good at listening and giving tips/advice on the job.

2. Worth it

Former Employee - Factory Worker in Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - Factory Worker in Muscatine, IA

I worked at HNI

Pros

Great people to work with good company direction and management the laid back managers work on the floor for personal assistance

Cons

Fast paced, stressful at times I got trained in many areas over a short period of time, then had high expectations monotonous work over time long days, early hours

Advice to Management

I suggest training the employees slower, until mastery of a certain area, then continue to broaden as time goes on