HNI
www.hnicorp.com Muscatine, IA 5000+ Employees

WAKE UP HNI, Your workers made you who you are, respect them!

Distribution Support (Current Employee)
Muscatine, IA

ProsIt is a very large stable company. They have health beifits, profitsharing. And there are still a lot of great people who work there.

ConsCurrently poorly managed, with respect to human recources. They just don't care much, if any, about the people that work for them. HON used to be more about being a good place to work, and employees were treated as, what they called "Members" Now the term "Members" is more like a slap in the face. Because being a member of somthing would indicate that you were part of somthing that you felt you belong to, and possible might have an influence in helping the cause of the company. Now people are treated as if it was their fault the company might be experiencing financial difficulty because of the economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost people understand that the economy is bad, and that we need to cut corners and raise productivity, but that is no excuse to treat people with no respect. Let us help. Acknowlege the fact that that "you" the management don't have all the answers.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HNI

Pros: Good company to work for Cons: Lots of constant changes happening More

Lost its way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HNI for more than 8 years

Pros: The company still is financially sound and still has a… Cons: Too many acquisitions that fail. The company doesn't seem to know what to do with them except shut down facilities. High risk for… Advice to Senior Management: You need an actionable vision, not just general platitudes. Overhead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HNI.

Worked for HNI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HNI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HNI CEO Stan Askren. All reviews posted anonymously by HNI employees.