Programmer Analyst

Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Muscatine, IA
Former Employee - Computer Programmer in Muscatine, IA

I worked at HNI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly workplace, ample opportunity to improve skills and grow beyond initial skills. Great training for entry level employee.

Cons

Culture is dated, not a lot of younger employees, but they are actively working on this. Also, many employees live out of town meaning fewer locals to make friends with. Depending on the team, extremely complex and old systems to support. Very confusing for entry level employees. Especially when on call.

Other Employee Reviews for HNI

Pretty Good Experience

Former Intern - Industrial Engineering Intern in Muscatine, IA
    Former Intern - Industrial Engineering Intern in Muscatine, IA

I worked at HNI as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great pay, White Collar People are amazing, Blue Collar is pretty decent as well. NO UNIONs!!!

Cons

It's in Muscatine, Iowa. Sometimes you have to work from 4am - 5pm if you have to see both 1st and 2nd shift.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Used to be a good place to work. However, the company is going in a totally different direction.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muscatine, IA

I have been working at HNI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been here a long time and I know the business.

Cons

The legacy system is being replaced with a third-party, packaged software. Not sure where my place in the new environment will be. Communication is lacking in the direction of the department. People have started leaving the department in droves. During the recession, the department had a wage freeze. Now that business is picking up, we would like be compensated for our service during the recession. Raises seem to be worse than before the recession. We are asked to take on more responsibility with no compensation or additional title. People are getting fed up.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Treat them with respect and compensate them for their dedication on making the company profitable.