There are newer employer reviews for HNTB Companies

Throw the bums out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros

My co-workers are some of the brightest and most competent people, and are a pleasure to work with. Low- and middle- managers seem to recognize individual value.

Cons

Much of senior and sub-senior "leadership" is a serious threat to company viability. There is an extreme drought of company vision. At the very top, sure there is vision: 'make money'. Execution of that vision is extremely lacking, despite the best efforts of some sub-seniors who have the genuine interests of the company and its employees in mind. And that is the truly sad part - there are some extremely qualified and talented individuals in leadership that are thwarted by either competing political idealogies or an arrogant ignorance and lack of willingness to truly listen. It is terribly frustrating for those of us who are passionate about company success to see our *good* leaders be prevented from making meaningful, long-overdue changes. The only solution that I can see is for those senior leaders who have lost touch to leave. They are truly burying this otherwise excellent company. As an long-time employee, it genuinely depresses me to watch the degredation, and it is hard to imagine trying to outlast those who need to leave in order to enjoy a 'better day' at this company.

Please, please, please get with the program. Learn to differentiate between quality leaders by measuring their performance in terms other than earnings/sales numbers. You will lose excellent people, and worse (for you, not them), they will join your competitors...probably with a passion to bury you in their new company's success.

162 Other Employee Reviews for HNTB Companies (View Most Recent)

Interesting and nice place to work

Current Employee - Intern  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros

Nice people. Interesting projects. Lots of lunches provided by company. Company cars. Lots of work when there was work. A lot of driving.

Cons

Got laid off due to not securing enough work. Large boss basically accused me of lying to him, and I still think he thinks I was lying, i.e. incident was never really resolved.

Keep it up your are doing a good job. Possibly consider doing more team oriented events and company functions when reasonable.

great mid-career company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros

flexible hours, good pay, lots of smart people

Cons

long hours, too much focus on billable time

There are newer employer reviews for HNTB Companies

Worked for HNTB Companies? Contribute to the Community!