HNTB Companies
www.hntb.com Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very good until the last few years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsI spent my formative professional years at this company. I got to cut my teeth on some great projects and work with some great people. I left the company with plenty of good take-aways and will always reflect on the excellent peers, devoted staff, and sometimes excellent leadership. Pay was always above average and recognition was high for many years.

ConsThis all changed in the past few years. As annual sales were sent over $1B, the taste for continued growth and success outweighed the need to maintain a pleasant work environment. Excessive incentives promoted cronyism and overall bad behaviors. Unfortunately more and more of the bad characters got promoted up the chain. It's too bad because the good ones end up leaving and continue the devaluation of the once prime A/E firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet up a little on TOJ. Some of your greatest leaders have left - feeling the pressure of the need for billable hours - or were let go. Remember that your future leadership needs continued vision, creativity and insight. If you continue to penalize the low-billable, you will be left merely with the mechanics of a sweatshop - commoditizion at it's highest.

Throw the bums out

Kansas City, MO

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros: My co-workers are some of the brightest and most competent people, and are… Cons: Much of senior and sub-senior "leadership" is a serious threat to company viability. There is an extreme drought of company vision. At the very top,… Advice to Senior Management: Please, please, please get with the program. Learn to differentiate between quality leaders by measuring their performance in terms other than earnings/sales numbers. You will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Interesting and nice place to work

Intern (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I have been working at HNTB Companies

Pros: Nice people. Interesting projects. Lots of lunches provided by company. Company… Cons: Got laid off due to not securing enough work. Large boss basically accused me of lying… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up your are doing a good job. Possibly… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on HNTB Companies.

Worked for HNTB Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HNTB Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HNTB Companies CEO Harvey K. Hammond Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by HNTB Companies employees.