HNTB Companies

www.hntb.com

Accomplished Engineering Consulting firm specializing in mega project design and project managment.

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe experience, expertise and drive to deliver excellent work that exists at HNTB wins huge, exciting projects that allow great career growth and experience for their engineers. Working in a team of experts and experienced engineers with relationships all over the region is invaluable for a young engineer like myself.also is "employee owned".

ConsMuch of the focus in the last few years has been on increasing profit over delivering excellent work. There is still a passion for client satisfaction but as management has changed it has begun to slip and unless this company is pointed in a different course it will most likely be aquired by a large conglomerate. Although "employee owned" it is controlled by a board of non engineers who technically "work" for the company. In reality the majority shareholders function as a controlling board and the entire employee group gets 1/100 of the vote.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop inflating share price to please investors and major share holders, allow modest goals instead of ever rising ones. The size and type of this company does not allow the type of profits you demand out of your middle managment and the squeeze is relentless and creates the opportunity for managers to cut corners to meet projections instead of being able to deliver the best product and still be rewarded.

HNTB was a very good organization that lost its way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HNTB Companies full-time

Pros: Very talented employees, good organization, good salary, and interesting work. Cons: All decision-making came from the top, top management made some… Advice to Senior Management: Plan better, come up with a strategy and then let… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not the best place to work for

I have been working at HNTB Companies full-time

Pros: Decent pay and benefits Good selection of projects Cons: Lack of employee morale Free for all mentality with lack of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HNTB Companies.

Worked for HNTB Companies? Contribute to the Community!